STANDARD DELIVERY OFFERED / EXPRESS DELIVERY AVAILABLE(covid-19:the delivery is secured)
Elegant, cute, this butterfly ring shows the meeting of two famous and independent animals, one playful and hunter, the other free and roaming.
To get the most out of our butterfly jewelry, learn more about the silver in our collection!
Our jewelry is composed of 925 Sterling silver. As the name implies this alloy is 92.5% silver! The remaining 7.5% is usually copper or zinc. But why such a combination? Because pure silver is too soft! Thanks to copper or zinc, silver is made less ductile! It is no wonder that sterling silver is the most popular silver alloy in jewelry, as it retains all of its character while providing excellent wear. In addition to its superb brilliance, silver has many qualities: it is one of the metals that is safe for the skin. Even better, it is used in medicine for its anti-microbial properties. Unlike copper and iron, which can give off an unpleasant odor when in contact with the epidermis, silver also possesses the property of being odorless.
However, silver is naturally sensitive to oxygen, but no die to it! Theblackishareas generated by oxidation are very easy to remove! To care for a silver butterfly jewelry, simply clean it gently with a toothbrush and lemon juice! You can also leave it to soak for 10 hours in a glass of beer!
As such, in order to perfect the oxidative tendency of silver, some of our jewelry has undergone a surface finish by electroplating. Most generally with Rhodium or Platinum. These very precious elements help prevent oxidation while imitating its brilliance. But here again, some people prefer pure 925 silver jewelry because they find the shine of platinum and rhodium too white. Indeed, oxidized silver jewelry is a fashion in its own right! When slightly oxidized, silver is far from being devoid of style!
Vintage silver or sparkling silver, silver lends itself to everything!